Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Grilled Corn Salad with a KICK

I wasn't sure what to post about today as it's Wicked Wednesday.  I've was on the fence until I made Grilled Corn on the Cob with Spicy Garlic Miso Dressing from Vegan Soul Kitchen by Bryant Terry.  I'm sad to say this is another one of my under utilized cookbooks. 

On a chard husk
I'd just purchased some corn and happened to have a jalapeno.  This recipe was SCREAMING to be made.

Ready to server
I love spicy heat but in the back of my mind I think about friends who aren't fans of the "heat".  Would they enjoy this dish.  This corn salad was great.  The miso, garlic and jalapeno become this wonderfully creamy rich wicked dressing.  I could taste some of the heat of the jalapeno but not nearly as much as I thought I would taste with the seeds being in there.



If you don't care for spicy food this dish might be a pass for you.  I really enjoyed it and almost ate all of it at once.  As you can tell not to spicy for me.


Do you have a favorite recipe from this book?



1 comment:

  1. Oh my, YES. Vegan Soul Kitchen rules. *goes to get copy* Crispy okra strips with lime-thyme vinaigrette, all of the salads and dressings, spicy mafe tempeh, tempeh, shiitake mushroom, and cornmeal dumpling stew, all the veggies, SMOTHERED SEITAN MEDALLIONS IN MIXED-MUSHROOM GRAVY OMG. Oh holy heck those medallions are the bestest: http://cracktheplates.com/2011/09/one-month-of-meal-deliveries/

    adrienne at http://cracktheplates.com

    ReplyDelete