Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Mock Cubano

I've been enjoying reading everyone's blogs during vegan mofo.  I'm  getting wonderful ideas and inspiration.  Mandee of Cupcake Kitteh made a gluten free version of the Cubano Vegano Sandwich from Viva Vegan.  I was inspired.



Off to the store I ran and got the necessary items.  Sadly I realized to late that I needed to make some seitan.  I winged it and had this wonderful sandwich!  The only ingredient missing was seitan.

YUM

This was a truly magical sandwich.  The cheese wasn't that melty so I know I need a different brand when I make the real deal.  Stay tuned!
Nice and crunchy!





2 comments:

  1. Ooh, that might have been me! I posted about this last week :) Your sandwich looks delish, I love the grill marks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! I have updated my post. Thanks for reminding me Mandee.

    ReplyDelete