Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

You put what on the menu???

As those of your who've ready my blog in the past know I'm a BIG fan of Native Foods.  About every 3 months they create a seasonal menu and replace items on their menu.


I'm sad to say that their last few seasonal menus have underwhelmed me.  I was excited and nervous when I saw the new menu item Bistro Steak Sandwich.  Was it to good to be true?

Bistro Steak Sandwich

I rushed went to my nearest Native Foods once the new menu was out.  As I approached the cashier  I was afraid this menu item would not meet my expectations.  I asked the cashier what he thought about the sandwich and was told it's good. " In fact", he said, "last night we ran out of bleu cheese dressing and had to stop selling it 2 hours before we closed".  I was sold.

This sandwich was great, fantastic,unreal,  OUT OF THIS WORLD.  Crunchy baguette topped with tanginess of the bleu cheese, arugula, Steak Seitan, roasted tomatoes.... winning combination. This is a heavy sandwich.  I was full about 2/3 of the way through but I couldn't stop eating it.  Now I wish I had some leftover!  I've been a big fan of their reuben but this one might rank above it for me.  Can you have a love affair with a sandwich?

I will be going back many many times before this one goes away.  It was fun getting out and trying something new.  Do you have a favorite Native Foods item?  Have you tried the Bistro Steak Sandwich?









6 comments:

  1. Have only been to on Native Foods & my hubby STILL talks about it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of Native Foods but this looks amazing! I definitely tend to keep ordering the same dish from places when I do hit on one I love :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to a Native Foods, but that sandwich makes me want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was there once, and I really hope I get to go back one day. I gorged, knowing that I wouldn't get another chance any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Native Foods! Only eaten there in San Francisco and Chicago, though. (and NYC? Are they in NYC?) Wish we had one in Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really, really can't wait to visit next year so I can go to Native Foods! I'm glad you enjoyed this sandwich, it's great when a restaurant brings out something new :D

    ReplyDelete