Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Vegan MoFo: Fasolia

I can't believe Vegan MoFo is almost over.  I was so nervous about doing this as I started my blog about 4 days before this wonderful event started.  This has been a great way to learn new recipes, hear about new restaurants, see some amazing photos of vegan food and most importantly meet some great people!

As you can tell by my posts yesterday I was a bit of a slacker and didn't get my post up.  This soup was what I had intended to post so I decided that today you will get 2 postings for the price of 1.

A friend gave me this recipe and said I was welcome to share it on my blog.  It is a soup she makes often and it sounded great.  


Onion and garlic


Beans after little boil


Veggies






The recipe is as follows:


Fasolia


1 1/4 cups of Great Northern Beans (about 1/2 package)
2 cloves garlic
1 or 2 carrots chopped
2 celery stalks and leaves (chopped)
1 large onion (chopped)
small bunch of fresh parsely (chopped) or some dry parsely
1/2 can (small 8oz) tomato sauce
6 tbl. olive oil
1 tsp salt
a little ground pepper

sort bean, check for rocks and bad beans
cover beans with water
cover pot and boil for 5 to 10 minutes
meanwhile have another pot of water boiling
throw out the water from the boiling beans (once 5 to 10 minutes passes) and add the new water to the beans (about 6 cups)
add all ingredients
simmer low (covered pot) for about an hour to 1 hour 15 minutes
add boiling water if needed
cook until beans are soft

This was delicious.  I will be making more of it in the future.  Hope you enjoy.




3 comments:

  1. I'm definitely gonna try this sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can't believe you were only blogging for 4 days before doing VeganMoFo! Great job!

    I didn't have a chance to even make a dent in all the great blogs in MoFo, but I'll continue to plug away at it!

    I'm glad I found your blog; that soup looks wonderful. I love the pic of the garlic and onions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This soup sounds and looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete