Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Blackstrap Gingersnaps

As many of you know my kitchen is still in the process of being remodeled.  This past week I was able to use it for the first time in about 6 weeks.  It's not done yet but I'd say we are making progress.

My co-workers have been asking me how the kitchen is coming along however one of them always inquires about cookies every time he sees me.  For part of my "test run" this past week I decided to bring in Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar and told him to mark off ones that "tickled" his fancy.  I came back to find he had put post its on about 5 of the recipes.  The "challenge" was on.  Which one to make first.

As you may have guessed I choose the gingersnaps.  These cookies were great!  Not overly crunchy but also had a ginger flavor that wasn't over powering.  They were a HUGE hit at the office.  My friend has a few stashed away and "allots" himself one or two a day.  Everyone else at work gobbled  ate them quickly.



Almost looks like a muffin top from this angle




Plate full of goodies
I will be making these again.  Enjoyed by young and old.

No comments:

Post a Comment