Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Vegan MoFo: Roasted Garlic Soup

MMM garlic.  Anything with garlic in it is perfection.  Can you smell it roasting?  Maybe I need to work on my computer "smell-o-vision".  Has anyone tried garlic in a sweet item?  I haven't and wonder what you think.  I know that I love roasted garlic.  When you roast garlic it's like an entirely different onion, yup you read it right.  It's sweet,soft,creamy, less pungent and most importantly spreadable.  I add it to dressing recipes, spread it on breads, put it in recipes in place of raw garlic where I feel it would be a great addition, bathe in it.  Ok maybe I don't bathe in it.


Roasted Garlic Soup


Look at that carmel looking garlic right out of the oven


In the fall my soup consumption goes up 100%.  I love soups!  They are fun to make and you can be so creative with your ingredients.  I wanted to make a soup since the weather is cooling down it seemed perfect.  Stumbling across searching for a garlic soup was just what the doctor ordered.  I found a recipe for Roasted Garlic Soup in Color Me Vegan.  This recipe called for 4 head of roasted garlic.  Would that be enough?


While the garlic was roasting leeks and onions were sauteing. Potatoes were added later.  This recipe was great.  I think the next time I make this I might add some more potatoes and not blend all of them so I have some "chunks" of potatoes in the soup.  If you did blend them all it would just give you a creamier soup.



You could be fancy and put some scallions on top for garnish.  I was so hungry that I couldn't wait.

So good!
Happy MoFo!  More than half way through.



No comments:

Post a Comment