Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Sweet Potato Blondies

We all have them, stories our parents tell us about when we were little.  My mother says that when we went grocery shopping she would give me a box of animal crackers to keep me occupied while she shopped.  As we made our way around the store I would take out the crackers,  and hand them out to people.  I think this is where it all started, my sharing of baked goods. 

Ready for tasting

As you know by now I love making sinful treats,  and sharing them with people.  I was looking through Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar,  and came across a recipe for sweet potato blondies.  I was craving some fall flavors.   These looked like they would hit the spot.

Ready to go into the oven
I used fresh sweet potatoes for this recipe as I already had some cooked up.


These blondies were not overly sweet,  and had a great flavor.  The texture on this batched seemed a little off,  but that didn't stop us from gobbling down the entire batch.


My friend called me up,  and said she gives them a B+ to A-.  It would have been a solid A- if they had been one bite, about an inch square was her opinion.


She rated my pecan carmel bars A++++.  Stay tuned for that post.

No comments:

Post a Comment