Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Swiss Chard with Caramelized Onions

Onions tend to make me cry.  Not always but often however the crying never stops me from using them when I'm cooking.  They are so flavorful and delicious.  When cooked it brings an entirely different taste to the table.  Never forget the deliciousness of caramelized onions.  I think I could slather myself in them they are so good.

A recipe for swiss chard and caramelized onions in The Vegan Table was calling out to be made.

Words fail me it was that good

This recipe was a perfect marriage of salt & sugar.  The onions cooked down to a wonderful caramel color.  Salt was added in the form of olives and a few capers.  The flavor combination was fantastic!



onions cooking down
I have made this recipe many time and enjoy it just as much each time.  I highly recommend trying this one out.  Let me know what you think.




No comments:

Post a Comment