Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Chocolate Snickerdoodles

Oh so good
Hmmm tricky Tuesday.  I thought the trick might be on me as I was lacking an idea for today but then it hit me.  Chocolate Snickerdoodles....  not just any chocolate snickerdoodles but Mexican Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles.

Right out of the oven
These looked amazing and I knew I had to make them.  I LOVE, yes you heard that right, LOVE chocolate.  A cookie with chocolate and a little kick sounded perfect.  I'd never made a Snickerdoodle and was excited to try this recipe out.

Look at that crackle

They were easy to make and divine!  Make sure you don't pat the balls of dough down to much or you will end up with wafer thin cookies.  If you have family or friends that don't like spicy food I would leave out the cayenne out.  Get baking and let me know what you think.


9 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite cookies of all times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the BEST cookies everrrrr!!! Cookie love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea what a snickerdoodle is (I guess they've not made it across to London yet!) but I'm pretty sure I need some in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snickerdoodles have a cracked surface and are crispy on the outside while soft and gooey on the inside.

      Delete
  4. I've been really into my Mexican hot chocolate lately so this sounds great! I once added cayenne to a basic chocolate cake recipe. That was good too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look fantastic and I love that you've put chocolate in snickerdoodles :)

    Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh nice, I was just thinking about Mexican hot Chocolate cupcakes earlier. I like the idea of a cookie with those flavours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those really are some of the best cookies in the entire book. And so simple!

    ReplyDelete