Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wicked Wednesday: Chocolate Biscotti

Chocolate Cherry Biscotti
I've been inspired by Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar.  I must confess that like many of you I own TONS of cookbooks that are under utilized.  Perhaps I need to start a support group to stop me from buying new cookbooks.  No now that just seems silly.

Ready to go into the oven
As I mentioned yesterday I'm trying out different cookie recipes to find ones to make for the holidays.  Biscotti seems like a perfect choice.  Twice baked cookies ... nice long shelf life.  I'd seen the different biscotti recipes in VCIYCJ and decided on the Kitchen Sink Chocolate Biscotti (page 218).  I had two reasons for this one I LOVE CHOCOLATE and I've made the Chocolate Fudgy Oatmeal Cookies before and liked the chocolate cherry combo.

Second cooking
I actually started these cookies before the cowboy cookies and realized they needed about 45 minutes to cool down before the second baking.  Ooppss poor time management on my part but another recipe to try so win win.

After second baking

What I love about these cookies are the mix ins. Here are a few of thesuggestions: cherries, chocolate chips, peppermint candies, walnuts, dates, peanuts.... you get the idea.  Delicious cookies.  My batch wasn't as crunchy as other biscotti I've had but I really like them don't think I'd bake them longer.  Everyone has been raving about them today.  I can't wait to try the other biscotti recipes.



What's your favorite biscotti?


4 comments:

  1. Chocolate and cherry is such a brilliant combination. The gingerbread ones from that book are really great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the biscottis from VCIYCJ! My favorite has been the gingerbread one though. I need to make the one here - I'm waiting for a cold day so I can just have the oven on all day baking and rebaking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so chocolatey - yummo! I don't make much biscotti but I like choc and almond, I'm definitely going to try this recipe now!

    ReplyDelete