Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Banana Everything Cookie

Wait, please don't leave.  Don't move onto another blog because I already posted about the banana cake.  I promise you'll want to make these cookies.  Have I tempted you enough to stay??  The cake was such a hit I decided to try this recipe from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar.



If you perused my earlier post you're aware of the fact that I often find over ripe bananas at my house.  I'm never one to let a ripe banana got to waste.  Cookies here we come.


The recipe has a little bit of everything.... oatmeal, walnuts, bananas and chocolate chips.  This batter was SUPER STICKY.  I added a little bit of flour and while that helped  I often felt I had more on my hands than anywhere else.  These cookies were light, fluffy and not super sweet.




I gave part of the batch to my neighbor and I took the rest to my co-workers.  They were a hit at both places.  My friend said they didn't last till lunch over at her job.


My boss saw me, asked if I made the cookies and then told me that they were really good. He made my day.


I'm not sure what I was expecting from this recipe but was happy with the outcome.  This would be great for a cookie swap as they are easy to make and come together pretty quickly.  My batch made 23 cookies.... I'm pretty sure I made a larger one that went straight into my belly.




4 comments:

  1. Yum, those banana cookies look great! :D I definitely need to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those cookies, they're so easy to make and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always skipped over this recipe for some reason. I guess banana cookies just didn't sound exciting? But yours look lovely. I think I will have to earmark that recipe now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jule You won't be sorry

    @Maggie Muffins I'm with you.... I'm already for another batch

    @hotveganchickpeas I think you'll like them. Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete