Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Vegan Mofo: White Bean and Roasted Garlic Soup

As I write this I must admit that I am still thinking of the delicious soup that I just had for lunch.  I have been wanting to make soup for days now.  I had seen the perfect recipe. It looked quick to pull together , minus making beans,  which wasn't a must. A perfect recipe for someone with a small amount of cooking time.  It sounded delicious White Bean and Roaster Garlic Soup from Vegan with a Vengeance.

As you can see below I decided to make my own beans.


Cooking
So easy to make and they taste great.



Read to be used for soup

Roasted garlic right out of the oven.


Just waiting to be added to the soup.


I must say I did add a few extra cloves.  Help keep the vampires away  :).



Cooking up

Blended soup

I loved this soup.  It wasn't to heavy and had wonderful flavors.  The smell of the garlic getting pureed was worth it.  Besides making the beans and roasting the garlic, which I had done the night before, this soup came together very quickly.  It was a winner and I will be making it again.  In fact I enjoyed it so much I have posted the recipe below.


A bowl of heavenly soup


White Bean and Roasted Garlic Soup (from Vegan with a Vengeance)


Do you have a favorite soup?


2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a wonderful sounding soup. The picture of the garlic is making me drool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why haven't I tried this?! It looks amazing! Also, I love the corn chowder from VWAV.

    ReplyDelete