Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hi-ho, the derry-o The farmer in the dell

Did you guess?  Yup this past weekend I went to a farm and picked some great veggies.  The Jolly Fox and I had  decided to head out to Underwood Family Farms this past Sunday.  It was a wonderful day and the drive seemed to fly by as I had such great company.  When we arrived there was an area for us to purchase some of the fruits and vegetables that had been picked earlier.

Look at those colors
For the "brave" soul a mere  $5 entrance fee would get you  into the farm where you could pick your produce.  The prices per pound varied on what it was we picked.  This visit wasn't planned but boy was it a great way to spend the afternoon.  The weather was perfect and we had a great time.




People with the same idea



Our haul
We trekked through the mud to get our radishes.  My thongs didn't care for that but luckily my "partner in crime" was able to get around easier and got some delicious radishes.
Peppers, radishes, and tomatoes
Have you ever gone to a farm and picked your own fruits of veggies?  

1 comment:

  1. This was the BEST day. Thank you for being such a great friend! I am so grateful to have met you and have you in my life. Seriously, so much fun and great post! :)

    ReplyDelete