Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Vegan MoFo: Hello Gorgeous

Hello Gorgeous!  That was the only thing in my mind when I saw this cake.  Look at it.  IT'S GORGEOUS!  The moment that I saw this recipe for Chocolate Cake  I knew I would make it.  I am loving my Joy of Vegan Baking Cookbook.  Everything has been good and this was no exception.






I love a little spice to my chocolate so I added 1/4 tsp of cayenne to the batter.  I thought it was perfect.  You got a subtle hint of the cayenne but it wasn't overpowering.  A few co-workers (who don't like spicy foods) thought they would enjoy it more with no cayenne.


The recipe was easy to put together and I made the frosting while the cake was baking.  I made this around 6am so I know it didn't require to much of my brain power.

Before frosting
While I liked the frosting I think the next time I won't use all of the frosting as it seemed to be a little to much for my taste.  Of course having a little left over would be perfect for some cupcakes.

MMM frosting
 I had a non-vegan tester at work and he thought it was great. He liked the heat on the cake and didn't think it was to much.  When the day was over another co-worker found me and asked if I had anymore of the delicious cake. Yippee another winning trial.

Hello GORGEOUS
I have a feeling I will be getting asked to make this one again soon.  What's your favorite chocolate cake?



No comments:

Post a Comment