Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Vegan MoFo: Purple Potato Soup

This is the time for soup.   The weather is getting cooler and soup is calling my name.  I love having them in the evening after a long day at work.  As Lewis Carroll said "Soup of the evening, beautiful soup."

The other day I had a few friends, who were in town for a short time, stop by on their way to the airport.  As it was around lunch time I decided to make some food for them.  Soup seemed perfect for this.  I found a recipe for Purple Potato Soup in Color Me Vegan and knew that was it as my friends favorite color is purple.  It was meant to be.

How could you not want to cook with this

It was sooooo easy to make and had some cauliflower in it as well.  The recipe said to peel the potatoes but I decided not to do that.  They have a lot of nutrients and some fiber as well.  I had some yellow cauliflower and used that, not thinking about the fact that purple and yellow make yeah that's right gray / light brown.  Despite the color it was fantastic.  Silky goodness.

How beautiful are those purple potatoes

I warned my friends not to be scared by the color.  They loved the soup.  I can't wait to make it again using white cauliflower and see the gorgeous purple color of the soup.  I also made some grilled asparagus with a hint of lemon and  Fudgy Oatmeal Cookies that they enjoyed.  I sent a few off with them.
Ready to eat

Do you have a favorite soup you make?


No comments:

Post a Comment