Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Vegan MoFo: Purple Plum Pie with Crumble Topping

Today was a great day at work.  It is still a bit crazed but they brought us lunch from Tender Greens and they got me the Happy Vegan entree.  As you can see from my previous post  I love the Happy Vegan.  My co-worker kept saying I was smiling a ton while eating my lunch.  What can I say I was happy.





I love pluots.  For those of you who haven't tried a pluot or think I'm making this fruit up let me assure you I'm not.  A pluot is a cross between a plum and an apricot.  There are so many varieties and my local farmers market has quite a few of them.  Flavor King, Flavor Queen, Dapple Dandy, and Emerald  Drop to name a few.  


The filling




waiting for crumble
I'm made some pluot jam but haven't tried a pluot dessert until today.  I decided to make the Purple Plum Pie with a crumble topping from Color Me Vegan.  I used pluots instead of plums.  I was pretty happy with the outcome.


Out of the oven
I think in the future I would use less sugar in the crumble portion of the pie.  For my tastes the crumble portion was a little to sweet.


I enjoyed the pie though and will be making it again.

Ready to eat

Hope you are having a wonderful beginning to your weekend.  It's so nice to have a moment to write to my fellow MoFo'ers.  Any big plans this weekend?







1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of them but I love both plums and fresh apricots.

    ReplyDelete