Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Curried Cauliflower Soup

I was starving earlier today and decided to make some soup.  I purchased 3 heads of cauliflower yesterday and thought I might find a recipe to use some of it.  I know 3 heads seems like a lot but it goes so fast I have to keep up my supply.  You can never have to much.

Look at all that curry

 I found a recipe for Curried Cauliflower Soup (page 82) in Color Me Vegan.  I love curry but find I rarely use it.  Perfect chance to break out this under used spice.


 This soup uses no oil which is a nice change in a soup recipe.  Garlic, onions, apple, curry and cauliflower wonderful combination.

 

Once the soup is cooked you let it cool down a bit before blending it all together.  The outcome is a creamy delicious curry soup.  The apple adds a nice tartness.


I think it would be great with some wonderful bread which sadly I didn't have.  Hmmm maybe a reason to make a loaf.  I plan on eating some tomorrow perhaps with some rice or quinoa.

Curried Cauliflower Soup

While at the market I came across these cute potato chips shapes like little ghosts and had to share them with you.

Boo Chips


I can't believe MoFo is almost over.  Only 4 days left.  Where does the time go.




No comments:

Post a Comment