Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

No Bake Pecan Chocolates

Well it happened again.  I was up at 3am.  This time I decided to try and take it easy.... perhaps no cooking or baking.  I was successful until about 5am when I realized I had nothing to post for today.
Off I went in search of the perfect "I'm pretty sleep and don't want to mess this up recipe."  I found it in VCIYCJ.   No Bake Pecan Chocolate (page 228).... no baking music to my ears.


I had all the ingredients sitting in my pantry just waiting to be used.  These are really good.  Not overly sweet and they have a nice crunch from the nuts.


I used a little less brown rice syrup as I ran out but they still turned out well.


I think next time I would press them down a little more.  They are pretty sticky and messy when putting them together but well worth it.  If you like pecans and chocolate this is made for you.

Me getting fancy again

Who doesn't love a good drop cookie?  Do you have a favorite recipe?






6 comments:

  1. They look fantastic and you were up so early! No bakes sound like the perfect thing to make, much less effort but still delicious finished product! I like choc + pecans so I will have to get out my copy and make these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll like them. No cakes were perfect choice

      Delete
  2. They look great!!! Are they more chewy or crunchy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think crunchy.... although the brown rice syrup adds a nice chewiness to them. My friend at work has already requested I make them again.

      Delete
  3. These look and sound delish! And no-bake? Even better (especially in the wee hours of the morning)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never really noticed that recipe in the book but your review has got me interested in trying them. I do like the taste of brown rice syrup so can imagine these would be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete