Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Magical Mondays: Gingerbread Biscotti

Oh how I wish I were more organized.  Hmmm perhaps organized isn't the right word, maybe more prepared or planned ahead a bit more.  When work took a turn and got really busy it became harder to prepare things for Vegan MoFo.  If only I had some prewritten posts to help during this crazy time.  Le sigh.  That's right I speak French.... hehe ok maybe not.


In keeping with my cookie testing and biscotti baking I made these Gingerbread Biscotti (page 207) from VCIYCJ. These are a little magical.  When you bite into one you taste the season.  Brings back memories of making gingerbread cookies as a child.  That's they only way I can think to describe it.

Ready to go into the oven

These biscotti seem to be a favorite.  I plan on making these for holiday gifts.

Sliced and ready to eat

Trying to get fancy again
Next time I would add a little more crystalized ginger as I love it.  Maybe dip it in some chocolate and put some crystalized ginger on that if I'm feeling really fancy.


Hope everyone had a great weekend.  Looking forward to seeing all of your posts.



8 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I love ginger baked goods and need to make these asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha, I say 'le sigh' too. :) And ooh, gingerbread biscotti! I think it was last year when I got all biscotti-crazed and made a whole ton of it. The nice thing about super crunchy cookies is they keep for a while. :) These look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling lots of friends will be getting biscotti from me this year.

      Delete
  3. I love all things gingerbread, and I love VCIYCJ, but I had somehow overlooked that recipe...thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh dipping in chocolate is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just about to pin this, so I could go and make them for Christmas, then I saw the recipe was in a vegan cookbook I don't own! Oh well, another to add to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would be a great addition. So many wonderful cookies. The Cowboy Cookies in there are a favorite at work. And one co-worker keeps asking for the chocolate biscotti recipe.

      Delete