Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Soba Bowl with Shiitake Dashi and Market Greens

For me fall is soup weather.  I love having a great warm bowl of soup on a chilly day.  As those of you who read my blog already know, from my posts here and here, I recently got Vedge: 100 Plates Large and Small That Redefine Vegetable Cooking.  I've been enjoying looking through the cookbook trying to figure out what I'm going to make next.


The Soba Bowl was the perfect item.  I'm not sure when I first had soba noodles but I really enjoy them and am always looking for a reason to eat them.  I love that this had a bit of everything: broth, greens, and soba.  Perfect.  The Shiitake Dashi took about 35 minutes to make but most of the time was cooking.




One of the things I like about this dish is that you assemble each bowl  as you go.  You can add as much or as little as you like.  A little roasted sesame oil, some greens, shiitake dashi, soba, scallions and sesame seeds.  My greens were spinach which was a great compliment to the dish.



This was so simple and clean.  Ok I couldn't think of a better way to describe it.  This would be great for breakfast as well.  I'm happy to say I have extra in my refrigerator and plan on having some again tomorrow.



I can't believe we are almost done with MoFo.  Where does the time go???  Phew I got this in just under the wire!



1 comment:

  1. This sounds so good! I haven't ever made it to Vedge yet. But it really needs to happen. Everytime I am in Philly I just end up eating pizza at Blackbird for every meal.

    ReplyDelete